IN, Chennai | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 13169
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center -> COO Engineering services -> Technical Support & Production Quality
COO Engineering Services, having expertise in engineering data analysis, technical documentation, product/ process quality control, business process, tooling design, test systems, ERP solutions and project management, would support Vestas global strategies through process optimization, production support, test validation, cost control and E2E project management. We impose creative solutions and promote continuous improvement culture to make Vestas vision come true. This role is part of Technical support and Production quality team.
- Create Process work instructions (PWI) for Controls and convertors assembly with NPI function
- Design process flow and optimize the PWIs
- Responsible to create/ validate changes mentioned in ECOs
- Revise PWIs based on engineering change orders (ECOs)
- PFMEA and control plan creation during new product development
- Read & Interpret engineering drawing & other production documentation
- Report to global NPI/ PE function on weekly status of task completion
- Degree in Engineering, e.g. Electrical/ Mechanical with 4 to 6 year experience
- Experience in working with Production documentation
- Exposure in working with 3D modelling software like CREO + PLM (Windchill)
- Project handling/ management exposure
- Having exposure in the field of either Wind turbine part manufacturing (Controls & Convertors) is an added advantage
- Process Engineering with good Pragmatical skills
- Excellent oral & written communication
- Ability to read, understand and communicate Engineering drawings and Technical specifications
- Exposure in handling production documentation & ECOs
- Hands on experience in using ERP systems – SAP
What We Offer
Vestas is the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our quality, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services. Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 113 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
By joining Vestas you’ll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment which has an ongoing dedication to sustainability. We value professional initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
The work location is Chennai, India
Travel would be around 20%
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st May’2021
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.
- Renewables & Environment