In chemical engineering, Process Design Engineering Course is the design of processes for desired physical and/or chemical transformation of materials. Process design is central to chemical engineering, and it can be considered to be the summit of that field, bringing together all of the field’s components. Process design is distinct from equipment design, which is closer in spirit to the design of unit operations.
Process design can be the design of new facilities or it can be the modification or expansion of existing facilities. The design starts at a conceptual level and ultimately ends in the form of fabrication and construction plants. Process design documents serve to define the design and ensure that the design components fit together.
Offered Courses in Process Design Engineering
|S.No.||Course Related to Process Detail Design||Downloads||Duration|
|1||Process Design Engineering (Full Time)||45 Days|
|2||Process Design Engineering (Only Sunday)||3 Months|
|3||Process Design Engineering (Fastrack Batch)||8 Days|
|4||Process Design Engineering (Correspondence)||1 Year|
What You Will Learn
- Overview of Industry and role of a Process Engineer in various fields.
- Basic design requirements based on the types of plants/projects.
- Overview of Basic Engineering Package.
- Introduction to PFD, P&ID, and PDS of equipment.
- Relevant Codes and Standards used in industry.
- Development of PFD: Process & Utility.
- Mass and Energy balance – Design Basis, Sample Calculations, and Utility Sizing. Interlocks, Control.
- Philosophy, Valves Selection, and sizing, Safety valves sizing.
- Development of P&ID: Process and Utility, Line Sizing & Pressure Drop Calculations.
- Pump Selection and sizing.
- Heat Exchanger Design (Thermal Design).
- Distillation Column Design.
- Available Software used in industry and their applications.
- Personality Development & Mock Interviews preparation.
- Job Oriented Training Program based on current Industry Demand.
- EPC Project Based Training.
- Providing all Training Material and technical Drawings, documents, and case study materials.
- Expert and Experienced Faculty from the Industry.
- Preparation for Interview and Mock Interview Sessions.